Thursday, January 7, 2010

Handmade Fabric Flowers

Photobucket

Ooooooo it is my first post on this blog. I'm so excited because I've been wanting to link to my sis in laws totally awesome blog. I'm hoping this blog will eliminate my urge to have a blog for every interest and simplify things a bit.

I was looking for something I could make for my other sis in law. When I saw this, it screamed at me and told me I must make this for "A". Although, I cannot take credit for this idea, I feel the need to share it with the world. It's so fun and easy. I found this idea from a friend's cousin who is extremely talented.

Photobucket

Go here for the tutorial. She explains how to do it step by step.

Photobucket


Some tips:

*I found that I wanted to make all different sizes. I have 3 little girls that I wanted to make some for too! The smaller sized flowers, I actually found that using tongs was helpful when singeing the small pieces of fabric.

*My favorite synthetic fabric to use was satin. I loved the look. Try all different kinds for a different look.

Photobucket

And then. . .

All the possibilities of where you could use these little lovelys popped into my head. You could really get creative with this. Have fun!

Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. I think that they are absolutely beautiful -- and modeled by such cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Hey Val, I was hoping that was you and was bummed it wasn't when I saw the title of the blog....and then I was excited again to see that you have a new blog!! WOO HOO! Those flowers are intensely cute. I love them on the shoe. I love that you get to show off your projects with your amazing photography skills.

    ReplyDelete