Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Stinkin' Shoes

Photobucket

Yes, you are right. It says, "stinkin'". I don't have a good "before" picture but the box in the back if where you are looking. But, let's go back a little while. I found this beauty in the dumpster a couple years ago. We lived in a giant apartment complex with people moving in and out constantly. The dumpsters, were to say the least, a paradise of hidden treasures. We found so many treasures there. In fact, in the picture above, the table was also a found treasure.

Photobucket

My mother in law, worked on this piece and I worked on the table. We sanded, painted, sanded, used some gel stain, and polyurethane to seal it. Here's what they looked like after. My mother in law rocked!

Photobucket

Here's the table I did.
Photobucket

I don't have a vinyl cutter but had some vinyl laying around and just printed out the font and lettering that I wanted and used an exacto knife and scissors to cut it out.

Photobucket

Now, where in the world did I come up with "stinkin'"? Well, we have made this the kid shoe box and I hear my kids every now and then say, "Ewww, it stinks in here!"

My husband wanted to put a nonsense saying on it. That's what he calls the wooden signs with words or sayings on it. Go here to get the his explanation. Since, we had limited vinyl, I went ahead. Good thing, because if "B" was in charge, he would have put something like "Pimple" or "Yoda" on it.

Anyways, I thought the words, "Stinkin' Shoes" fit perfectly. I wonder if my kids will find the humor in it?

No comments:

Post a Comment