Thursday, March 25, 2010

Grocery List Book-Kids Project


From my other post, you can probably tell, how much I love making books. Really, you can make a book for anything.

I got this idea, because "X" loves the ads that come in the mail.

I made a book with pages like: Vegetables, Fruit, Meat, Dairy, Favorites

On each page, he looked through the ad and cut out the vegetables for the Vegetable page and so on.
This was a great activity for several reasons:

#1 He practiced cutting and pasting.
#2 He learned the food groups
#3 He learned sorting
#4 He had his own personal book at the end.

I've also used grocery ads to teach the concept of money with older kids. You can cut out some of their favorite foods with the prices and pretty much "play store" with them and practice counting money.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I am totally doing this tomorrow with Macy!!

    ReplyDelete