Monday, March 1, 2010

Mmmmm Baby Food!

Photobucket

Some women can breastfeed. I can't. I've tried with all of my kids and have decided that "my girls" are just for decoration and identification purposes.

Since the breastfeeding didn't work out, this time around I wanted to try making baby food.

No boobs needed.

I was destined to succeed and succeed I did.

I found these helpful sites:

Wholesome baby food

Baby Center


Baby Parenting


One thing that has worked for me, is purchasing these little cups from the dollar store. I color code the food. I also freeze, what I won't be using in the next couple of days. When I need more, I just take it out of the freezer.

It's been really fun making the food and it saves moola. I figure, I can make double for half the price of store bought baby food. Sometimes, I can get an even better deal depending on the sales and produce.

4 comments:

  1. I was already thinking of doing this, and now I am totally sold! How much was the little blender? Would it work to use a Magic Bullet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The electric baby food mill can be purchased at Target for 29.99.

    I bet your magic bullet would work. Basically, the baby food mill purees the food. If your magic bullet can puree, I'm sure it will work. Good luck! Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it ever even crossed my mind to make baby food. DUH! You could save SOOO much money. I hated spending a dollar for a tiny bit of food. I love your blog Val!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you are doing this! When I have a baby who is food age, I'm totally coming to you for all the scoop. I'd LOVE to make my own baby food....I've just never known where to start. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete