Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Penny Checkers by Diana Carolyn Ice-Kids Project



Game time! I love games, don't you? Here's a fun one I played with my kids the other day. If they are younger, you will have to show them how to make one penny jump over the other one. My five year old had a hard time understanding where to jump. Just model a few jumps.

1. Put a penny one each of the spaces except 13.


2. Jump one penny over the other and remove from the board.

3. Try to see if you can leave only one penny on the board.

Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you and your kids enjoy my little game! I created it back in 1992, and it was first published in The Friend magazine in their June 1994 issue. I'm very pleased that children are still having fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Diana! A voice from the past, here - Xina Marie Uhl. You leapt to mind today for some reason. I googled you and this came up. Please get in touch! I would love to hear how you are doing and what you've been working on. You're such a talented writer!

      Best,
      Xina

      Delete