Monday, March 29, 2010

Sunday Walkabout

Sundays.

Ahhhhhh.

A day to take it easy, go to church, rest, and spend time with my family. The kids are perfectly behaved. They listen to me and obey my every command. My husband and I exchanged quick smiles as we watch our kids sit reverently in church. No crying or fighting or complaining the entire day. The kids take care of themselves and I get a nice fulfilling nap. The house is kept clean and I feel good about life.

And then. . .I wake up.

For some reason, I think that Sundays should just be that way. Yesterday, was not even close. The kids started the day off with fighting and whining and crying. I was in a bad mood even before I arrived at church.

By the time we got our kids to bed, I popped my nightclothes on and was ready to pass out until I noticed the perfect lighting outside.

I had a great idea.

An idea that would make my day all better!

I quickly put clothes on and ran outside with my camera to catch whatever I could before the precious light faded.

This is what I got:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and these trees that I have blogged about before, I caught at different moments and each time captured different colors as the sunset.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My therapy.

I feel so much better.

2 comments:

  1. I love them!!! You are so talented Valerie. I love that they aren't just good photographs--they have an artistic quality about them that just makes you want to look at for days and hang them on your walls. You have a great eye for textures,subjects, angles,and lighting; key for any successful composition. I am so glad that you got out and took some pictures--and that it made you happy. I miss you. I need to stop talking about it and do something about it. I need to call you. And soon. We need to plan when we can get together, and when we can converse about the pictures I want you to take of the hills for me. I can't get over how beautiful those pictures are. You need to blow some of these up and hang them in your house. You need to get a gallery going! Talk to you soon.....promise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all beautiful! I can't wait for you to take our pictures either!

    ReplyDelete