Thursday, May 6, 2010

Rainbow Cookies-Kids Project

We've been doing Rainbow cookies for years. Why change a good thing? I'm doing a little preschool for my 3 year old and today was Rainbow Day and we HAD to make Rainbow cookies. Wanna know how to?

Here's the recipe. but basically you can use any sugar cookie recipe (click on it to get a bigger view). I only made one batch and divided into 3 balls and then colored them.


Here they are. . .
Photobucket

Then I give each child 3 smaller balls, one of each color and have them split it in half.
Photobucket

Take one of the halves and split that in half. So now, you have the one bigger ball and 2 little ones.
Photobucket

Now for the secondary colors . . .
Combine a small red and blue, red and yellow, and blue and yellow to make purple, orange and green
Photobucket

Next, make snakes (that's what I call it) and form your rainbow.
Photobucket

I like to sprinkle some sugar on top, bake it and there you have it! Now go make some Rainbow Cookies!

1 comment:

  1. I love your guest post at Poppies At Play and I am featuring your birthday board at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. Grab my "featured" button. I have linked back to this blog and hopefully you will get some traffic from it!

    ReplyDelete