Thursday, June 3, 2010

Rainbow Fish-Kids Project

RAINBOW FISH



Here's a project that the kids will love.

What you need:

RAINBOW FISH blackline (click for bigger image). I like to print it out on cardstock or heavy construction paper.

Glue
Paintbrushes
Tissue paper (you will need red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple) cut into small squares


First, cut out the fish. You could actually save this until the last step. I tell you how at the end.


Second, get your glue ready. Just dilute it with water. My kids call it glue paint.

Third, take the tissue paper and glue it down with the "glue paint". Don't worry about going over the edges, you can just trim those later. That is why you can save cutting out the fish until the end. You can save yourself one cut.

Lastly, lay your fish out until it has dried and then find a place to hang your RAINBOW FISH where everyone can enjoy it!

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea and I am totally going to do this with my kids. Anything combining a paint brush and glue will make their day. I also need to go through all of your past fun projects to do with kids that you have posted and start actually doing them. Thanks for including the template for the fish. You are such a good mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH! How freaking funny! I just was randomly blog hopping looking at Poppies at Play and as I was scrolling down I saw on her sidebar a picture of a rainbow fish- I thought to myself "How funny Macy made a rainbow fish that looks exactly like that!" So I click on it and up pops a picture of Zoey!!!! Oh MY word I laughed so hard!! How random is that?? =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I HEART you and everything you are doing with MK at school!! I wish she could go everyday! HA!

    ReplyDelete