Tuesday, September 14, 2010

If at first you don't succeed. . .

I haven't quite perfected the ability to take a picture and be in it. With my camera, the self timer only does one shot at a time. So I get the camera's settings ready and then I try to set everyone in place. I also try to remember to save a place for me.

Then. . .

I rush back to the camera and push the self timer.

Then. . .

I run and get myself into place.

Then. . .

I hope all my kids are looking at the camera.

ATTEMPT #1 Zoey has found something to point at.
Photobucket

ATTEMPT#2 Zoey still looking at whatever has captured her attention.
Photobucket

ATTEMPT #3 CJ taking one for the team.

Photobucket

ATTEMPT#4 Weird faces by most of my kids. Zoey, still pointing.

Photobucket


ATTEMPT #5 Zoey's signature pose, I guess. Let's call it the disco finger!

Photobucket

ATTEMPT #6 Ben had to hold Zoey's hands down and the kids faces are cute except, we're not balanced!
Photobucket

ATTEMPT #7 Phew! The best picture of the bunch! We stopped out of exhaustion.

Photobucket
After the family pictures, we walked around.

Here's CJ learning how to take pictures. I was so gracious and let her practice with my Canon XTI, which I still use and love.
Photobucket

Here's Zoey doing the thing she does best!
Photobucket

I thought this one was pretty cool. I like how it shows movement.
Photobucket

Xander being cute!
Photobucket

Playing with the shutter speed is fun to do, fun to do, fun to do. Playing with the shutter speed is fun to do, to do, to do.
Photobucket

Photobucket

A view of Oakland as the sun sets.

Photobucket

Photobucket

All in all, a fun family adventure!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Valerie! I love these pics. I think that you definitely succeeded in capturing a great shot of your family in the end. You look incredible in that cobalt blue color by the way. I did enjoy the outtakes as well; my favorite is the finger to the eye shot. The fountain pictures are amazing. I cannot wait to learn more about shutter speed, and play around with that too. My announcement: I am going to be purchasing myself a Canon Rebel XSi very soon....like this month. I am super excited. I can't wait to learn from the master (YOU). Hopefully, I will soon understand all of the functions of my camera and know how to use them instead of just setting it to auto.

    Oh, and thank Xander for the letter in the mail. Livy was beyond ecstatic to receive a note from "The ONE." I am really trying to help her move past this whole marrying Xander thing,either by ignoring her when she talks about it, or reminding her that she is only THREE and that now is not the time to be thinking about this. ;) Anyways, after she examined his thank you card, she asked me for paper and pens, and penned her first love letter to him. I will have to send it to you. To me it is just a bunch of colorful scribbles, to Livy it is a proclamation of her love. She was narrating what she was scribbling the whole time. It was kind of funny, kind of frightening.

    Take Care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mia's face in attempt #4. What a cute post. Your pictures of the fountain are gorgeous! I wish I would have taken some family pictures of you guys while you were here!! I didn't even think to offer. We were busy just letting you serve all of us I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHH! I can't wait for you to get an SLR of your very own Lora! And Livy cracks me up? Where does she get that from? She is a true romantic at heart.

    Andy, yeah, what were you thinking? Not offering to take pictures for me, how rude:)

    ReplyDelete