Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Brain Jello

You know how I have talked about my husband loving Halloween? Well, he has been wanting to buy a brain mold for years. This year, his wish came true. He bought a brain mold at the Halloween store for 10.00.

Photobucket

He was able to debut his brain jello at a party this weekend.

Photobucket

Here is the what you need:

3- 6 oz pkg of peach or watermelon jello
2 1/2 cups of boiling water
1 cup of cold water
1- 12 oz. can of FAT FREE evaporated milk (must be Fat Free or it will curdle)
food coloring (blue and green)

Mix the first four ingredients and pour into the brain mold. Mix blue and green into the mixture and it should turn grey. Let it set overnight.

For the blood:
use red food coloring with light corn syrup for the blood.

Photobucket

I wish I could say his brain jello was a big hit. I think it was too realistic looking and we had a ton leftover. Reminds me of years ago, when we had a Halloween party and Ben made kitty litter with melted tootsie rolls for the poo. Needless to say, nobody ate that either.

Oh well. Ben had fun making it and that is all that matters.

2 comments:

  1. Lol, I can understand why people wouldn't want to eat it. It looks rather creepy! Awesome idea tho!

    ReplyDelete