Thursday, October 28, 2010

"Just For Me" Series

I'm looking at my photography in a whole different way. Getting back to where I began.

Refocusing.

Learning.

The other day, while waiting on Mia who was doing gymnastics. I took the little ones for a walk. I took my giant camera which is no small feat. I often opt out of taking my camera because it is so HARD to take care of kids and take pictures at the same time.

"DO HARD THING VALERIE".

And so. . . I am bringing my camera more, no matter how hard it may be.

I'm going to learn some more processing techniques and experiment. Each photographer has his or her own style. I feel like I am still discovering mine. I like to look at other photographers work because it helps me learn new things. I see something that I like and then I try to do it.

Like, how to make the colors more vibrant. . .
Photobucket

Or, how to make the eyes "pop".
Photobucket

Here are some before and afters, after experimenting.

*I was looking for methods to define and sharpen.

BEFORE
Photobucket

AFTER
Photobucket


*My main goal on these was to make the blue vibrant and to "pop". I also worked on defining.


BEFORE
Photobucket

AFTER
Photobucket



*With these, I was focusing on shadows and highlights.

BEFORE
Photobucket

AFTER
Photobucket

*This picture, I was going for a smooth look.
BEFORE
Photobucket

AFTER
Photobucket

There's alot for me to learn out there. I'm on my way.

1 comment:

  1. These are so awesome! I love how the focus was bums!! Haha!

    ReplyDelete