Potatoes cut in chunks
1. Bead noodles onto string in a pattern. You can easily dye the noodles using food dye and rubbing alcohol. Then lay out on a surface to dry.
2. Use potatoe chunks and incorporate into the pattern.3. Hang to dry for a day or two. The potatoes will harden.
Brown construction paper cut into a strip long enough to fit around your child.
Various colors of contruction paper for feathers
1. On the brown construction piece, have your child make a pattern using the shapes.
2. Cut out feathers on the various colors of contruction paper, using the scissors to feather the edges by making several cuts along the edges. Glue to the brown construction piece.
3. Measure on your child, then staple together.