Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Spin the Dreidel-Kids Project

Learning about holiday traditions around the world is super fun at this time of the year.Hanukkah will be celebrated at sunset on December 11th to sunset on the 19th. I love playing the dreidel game with my kids.

I'm going to read a December book a day to my kids. Last night, Xander choose this one:


Another one by Eric Kimmel that I like.


Of course, when we finished the book, my kids wanted to play the. . .

DREIDEL GAME


Materials:
dreidel (I bought mine at a party supply store)
coins

Instructions:
You can also go here or here for some more.
Here are the symbols and action you should take if you land on them:





Sing some dreidel songs like this one:

I have a little dreidel
I made it out of clay
And when it's dry and ready
Then dreidel I shall play.


Chorus:
Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel
I made it out of clay,
Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel,
Then dreidel I shall play.


It has a lovely body,
With legs so short and thin,
And when it is all tired
It drops and then I win.


(chorus)

Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel
With legs so short and thin
Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel
It drops and then I win.


(chorus)

My dreidel's always playful,
It loves to dance and spin
A happy game of dreidel
Come play, now let's begin.


Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel
It loves to dance and spin.
Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel
Come play now, let's begin.


I think besides Christmas, Hanukkah is my kid's second favorite holiday this time of the year. Your kids will have such a fun time with this! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Just what I was looking for - we are learning all about winter holidays in my kindergarten class and I would love for us to play dreidel. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete