Friday, February 4, 2011

Duct Tape Valentine's Day Wreath

Poppies at Play made this duct tape rosette wreath:

Photobucket

So clever right?

I saw my SIL, use that idea to make this:

Photobucket

Love the beads and grey duct tape she incorporated in it.

I got so excited seeing both of their creations, that I had to get in on the fun.

Photobucket

I decided to make a heart wreath because I was feeling the love!

I used 12 " strips of red duct tape to make the roses with. Check out Poppies at Play to see how she made them.

Photobucket

It was a time consuming task, but I didn't mind at all. It was fun creating something out of duct tape. By the way, you can make anything out of duct tape! I believe MythBusters made a boat using just duct tape and it was usable!

Photobucket


I'm grateful for all the creative people out there who are willing to share their ideas. It's hard to think of an original idea all the time. Now that I think about it, how many people actually come up with an original idea? I used to think when I was creating things in my classroom, I was the first one to think of this idea only to find out later that someone beat me to it.

One of the biggest compliments I think, are when people want to copy your idea. Your idea was THAT GOOD!

Photobucket
(This photo was created using this texture.)

Here's a big THANK YOU to all those unselfish, creative people who have jump started my creative juices.

Once you're in the zone, you can take those ideas and MAKE IT YOUR OWN!


3 comments:

  1. AHHH I LOVE THIS! I think it wins. Good Idea making it heart shaped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely wins! BEAUTIFUL!! Love the heart shape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. shut the front door! you did it super!!!!! :) i love the heart, it really turned out well! i have to make one of these now!!! :) and PS, LOVE the photos...i totally have to try the last texture technique!

    ReplyDelete