Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Family Home Evening Chart

It was time to make a new Family Home Evening Chart. I spied this one at Oopsey Daisy. I loved the idea of using pictures on the chart as well as a key chain. So clever!

My last FHE chart was a burgundy and one of the main reasons for making a new one was to change the color of it because it doesn't go with my current color scheme. I chose black since it goes with any thing.

My eyes are attracted to the color black. In fact, before I was married, most of my wardrobe consisted of black articles of clothing, not done purposely. I've tried to branch out to other colors, but what it comes down to is this-I love black, so why change?

Photobucket

I couldn't find the key chains at Michaels and became very lazy to look anywhere else. I'm sure you can find them, I didn't look hard.

I used these wooden circles that I bought from Beverly's. I painted them black, cut out a black and white picture, and glued ribbon around the edges.
I also mod podged the top of the picture giving it a nice protective coating.

Photobucket

Then I decided that it needed something else. I had an old neckless that I have been making jewelery from bits and pieces of it. I used parts from it to connect the ribbon to. I used some handy dandy epoxy glue.

Photobucket

I liked how they all turned out!

Photobucket

The chart that I looked at Oopsey Daisy she used this thing on top called a "metal hanger". Is that right? She listed a place in Utah called the Wood Connection that has them, but does anyone else know of another place or even online where they can be ordered?

Photobucket

My kids love having Family Home Evening and now we can be more organized!


3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of using pictures too! I turned out soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks realllllyy good. I am also a big fan of black. I think the blue of the ribbon against the black is classy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I was just searching around for some chart ideas and found this. It's a really cute idea! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete