Friday, May 27, 2011

Ruffled Camera Slipcover

I was talking to a friend about making a slip cover for our camera straps and got in the mood to try making one. Kevin and Amanda have a great tutorial on how to make one.

Photobucket

This took me probably way too long to make and is definitely not as precise as the one that was made on Kevin and Amanda.

I don't know what it is about me and sewing. I try so hard to make my measurements precise and yet, something still goes wrong and is uneven in the end. Luckily, the ruffles don't have to be perfect.

Do I dare share the next close up??

Photobucket

The directions say to sew the ruffles on and then take out the basting stitch,oh which, by the way, I had to research what basting stitch was. After sewing clear down the middle, I could not take that basting stitch out.

Am I sewing retarded??

Oh whatever! Good thing I don't care about the things I sew being perfect or precise or nice or like something I could give away as a gift. . .what does that say about me?

Photobucket

Well it's perfect for me.

I'm excited to take another stab at it with my friend. It's always nice to have two cameras!



1 comment:

  1. This is great, but I don't have a ruffled camera. Do you have any ideas for a regular camera slip cover?

    ReplyDelete