Saturday, July 14, 2012

Lil' People Birthday Chart

Photobucket



I shared this project a couple of years ago when I was featured on Poppies at Play.  I have received so many comments from people who liked the idea over these past couple years, that I thought I would put the tutorial on my blog.  

And. . . just the other day, I received an email from someone who found the birthday chart on Pinterest and wanted to know if she could feature my post on the 
Canadian Family Magazine Website.

Uh yeah!

So here is the tutorial. . .



MATERIALS:
Little gingerbread men.  I got mine online at Hobby Lobby.
Photobucket


Hooks and Eyes
Photobucket

Board and vinyl lettering
Photobucket

LET'S GET STARTED!
1.  Paint your little gingerbread men/women.  I color coded them according to family.
Photobucket


2.  Play around with them because you can't resist. Lil' People dominoes was my favorite!
Photobucket

Photobucket

3.  Drill holes in the tops and yes, I must say this, the bottoms of your lil' people.  
Photobucket

Be careful not to drill too far, this could happen. . .
Photobucket

But don't worry, no matter what mistakes you make, the lil' people will always be smiling at you!
They are quick to forgive.

Photobucket

After screwing the hooks and eyes in, make sure you put some hooks on the birthday board.

And now, the best part. . .putting the lil' people on.
Photobucket

Now, I can continue my quest in becoming the best aunt in the world because I will never forget a birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Can you help me? I cannot find these little people anywhere! I have found some but aren't thick enough. I think this is the cutest idea and would love to make it. I know you said you get them from hobby lobby website but I can't fine them. Would you care to send me the link to mististegall@aol.com? Thanks so much for and help and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete