Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tie PIllow

My daughter is having a camp themed birthday party and I was trying to think of what crafts we could do during her party that stuck to the theme.  I came across this no sew bandana pillow.

She wasn't too crazy about the bandana pattern so I thought I could do the same thing using fleece-like material.  She wanted something soft.  So I came up with this. . .

Photobucket

I'm not a seamstress by any means, but I thought I would show you how I did it.  It's probably the wrong way and there is an easier way to do it,  but this worked for me.

First I cut two pieces of material.  I was going for a perfect square but ended up with this.  One side is actually 1" longer and they are around 16"-17" long on each side.

Photobucket

Next, I put back sides together.  So the front sides are showing on either side.  I then used a pencil and measured 3 inches in on each corner so it looks like this.

Photobucket

Then I followed the lines and sewed on the inside of my markings.  I left a hole to put the stuffing in and then zipped the sewing machine over the open part.

Photobucket

Next, that corner that I marked to help me sew the pillow part, I cut.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then on the edges I cut about 3/4 " strips all around.

Photobucket

So then your pillow looks like this. . .

Photobucket

The last part is tying the edges and then you are done!

Photobucket

My kids loved these tiny pillows and the girls at the party loved them too!





No comments:

Post a Comment